Winter Rodent Invasion
Many people would shudder at the thought they have to deal with rats and mice in their home, and one thing is for sure, they are a dangerous pest to have in and around the home. As the weather continues to cool down in Sydney this autumn and winter you can count on rodents trying to get inside your home for a warm place to overwinter.
Signs of rodent infestations
- Droppings found around the home.
- Rodent nests which can be made up of household materials, twigs, even grass
- Gnaw marks on structures of the home as well as food containers
- The sound of little feet scurrying overhead and through the walls at night
Dangers of rodent infestations
- Contamination from their droppings and urine
- Spread of many diseases
- Structural damages to the home
- Risk of electrical fire
Pest proofing tips
- Seal off all openings on the outside of the home including small cracks and crevices.
- Take the rubbish out regularly keep it stored in bins with lids.
- Keep all open food stored in airtight containers.
- Clean up spills and crumbs immediately.
In order to avoid the dangers associated with rodents keep an eye out for any signs of rodents as well as committing to the above pest proofing tips.
But if any mice, rats or other rodents have already found their way into your home this fall then be sure to seek the pest control professionals at Sydney’s Best Pest Control.
Our team will be able to safely and effectively get rid of the current infestation as well as help to prevent any future problems.