Squatters – The pest kind
We are all drawn to the warmth and shelter of a cosy house, so it is not surprising that critters like mice & rats are drawn to your home, especially during the cooler months!
Sydneys Best Pest Control has put together some tips that you can do to prevent these unwanted house guests!
- Inspect the exterior of your home for any small spaces where animals could creep in.
- Look for cracked or rotting soffits or fascia boards
- Search for loose or damaged vents
- Inspect the gaps where utility lines enter the house.
- Check your foundation for openings
- Install fly screens on your windows if you do not already have them.
- If you have a chimney, ensure it is capped and vents are covered.
- Clean your gutters
- Trim back trees that may be overhanging onto the house
If you have found evidence that pests have become unwanted pests in your home, do not seal up the entrance points until you have had the issues resolved by a pest control specialist.