How to Take the Perfect Pest Selfie!
Did you know that sending us a photo is a great way to help us identify the pest you have found?
We often get questions about pests that the home or business owner is not sure of what it is, so we may ask for a photo to be sent through for it be identified.
Unfortunately, some of the photos we receive are out of focus or do not contain enough detail for us to be able to determine what the pest is.
When we can clearly see what kind of pest you have, we can then tell you what you need to do to get rid of it.
We enjoy the many images we receive, especially the weird and wonderful ones!
What are the ways to get a great image?
- Just like a good selfie, make sure there is good lighting
- You will want to make sure the phone or camera is steady
- The closer the shot, the better but not so close the camera cannot focus.
- Make sure you do not quash the bug beyond recognition!
- If the insect is moving around too much, put it in a zip-seal bag and hold it steady, and if that does not help, put it in the fridge for a little while.
- It is always a good idea to place a ruler or a coin next to the insect for size comparison
If you would like us to identify a pest email your photos to email@example.com