Food Services Pest Control Solutions
Steps to Control Rodent Infestations
A clean and sanitary restaurant provides a safe, healthy and pleasing atmosphere where your customers can dine and unwind.
The presence of rats and other pests can easily ruin the fine reputation of your restaurant.
To prevent rats and other pests , you should find ways to protect your restaurant.
It is imperative for all food commercial premises to implement a pest
Control management program to manage & prevent pest infestations in your establishment.
steps you can implement in your business to prevent rodent infestations
First, Look for Tell-Tale Signs
Rats bring about disease-causing bacteria and viruses that can harm the health of your customers and employees.
Due to their feeding and nesting habits, they can compromise the structure of the building.
To reduce damage in your property as well as prevent the onset of diseases, you need to quickly deal with any signs of infestation.
If there are any tell-tale signs of rodent infestation in your area, such as:
- a strong ammonia smell
- scrabbling or scratching noises
- pellet-shaped droppings
- damaged goods
Seek help from a professional pest control specialist and have the problem dealt with.
You can contact Sydney’s Best Pest Control and have one of our team of experts help you solve your rat or mice problem once and for all.
Cut Off Food and Water Sources
Rats often live in places where there is sufficient food supply, such as in the kitchen or dining area.
- Eliminate water and food
- place food in tightly sealed containers.
- Clean all areas in your restaurant
- throw away left over food.
- dispose of your garbage properly
- make sure not to leave garbage overnight as this can invite rats and other pests into the building.
A cluttered space can give rats places to hide, sleep, breed and nest.
Make sure to get rid of the clutter in your restaurant
- Remove bottles , paper bags and plastics in your kitchen, and discard them properly.
- trim tall bushes and shrubs near your restaurant premises.
Seal Entrance Points
Rats can squeeze through cracks, holes and gaps in windows, doors and vents.
To keep them out of your property:
- install steel metal kick plates on the lower exteriors of doors and windows.
- Seal up all holes and cracks in the foundation, walls and floors.
- cover floor drains and vents with metal screens or steel mesh.
- You can also use door sweeps to keep gaps under doors smaller
Whether you’re dealing with a rodent infestation or simply preventing one, learning these simple pest control methods can mean the difference between remaining rodent-free or becoming a rat-run zone.
If you would like to discuss your rodent issue or how you can prevent rodents in your food establishment call Sydney’s Best Pest Control on 1800 819 189.