Food Processing Pest Control Services
Pest control is an essential part of Good Manufacturing Practice in food processing from a hygiene, economic and regulatory viewpoint.
How do I get rid of pests in my food processing premises ?
Call Sydneys Best Pest Control for a FREE no obligation quote on 1800 819 189
With over 20 years of experience working with all types of food processing facilities , we understand how important a pest free environment is for your staff & clients.
What YOU can do!
- Clean up after preparing food
- Wash up crockery & cutlery
- Wipe down benches
- Store food in sealed containers
- Dispose of empty packaging and boxes and away from the property
- Throw away left over food
- Dispose of your garbage properly
- Make sure not to leave garbage overnight
- Wipe up spills as they happen
- Mop the floor daily
- Implement a long-term pest control management program
Long term Integrated Management Program
There are three keys to effective pest management, prevention & sanitation, detection and chemical control.
- Sanitation can reduce feeding and breeding sites.
- Chemical control is the most effective way to eliminate a pest infestation
- Treatments are carried out with low toxic and non-toxic procedures and techniques.
- Hygiene and sanitation levels must be above standards to help us integrate a pest management program to suit you.
- Cleaning of drains, removal of rubbish, sealing of cracks and devices will help keep a pest free environment in and around your food production areas.
What Pests can affect food processing plants?
Where do pests hide in food processing plants ?
Pests are generally attracted to food processing plants as they can provide warmth, shelter, food & water.
Pests are mostly active at night and hide in dark places including:
- Under and behind:
- electrical appliances
- heating appliances
- cooking appliances
- Near washing and hand wash facilities
- Under and in boxes, packaging and food storage containers
- Inside wall cavities
- In cracks and crevices
- Behind Equipment
Sydneys best pest control would like to remind you to check the following areas for cleanliness, sanitation and for signs of pest infestation in these areas.
- Soap dispensers
- First Aid Kits
- Edges around equipment
- Areas behind equipment
- Under the sink
- Wall junctions
- Stainless less legs –and the areas where there are steel joins
- Condensation trays behind the fridges
- Behind fridges, microwaves, stoves, freezers etc
- Loading areas
- Rubbish area
What damage can pests cause in a food and beverage store?
Pests can carry a wide range of diseases causing organisms, including bacteria, viruses, protozoa and helminths that can cause harm to consumers and staff of businesses processing and handling food.
They can also cause physical contamination of ingredients and processed products from
- Shed fur
- Body parts
- Nesting material
- Damaged packaging
What is the legislation in regard to pests in a food processing plant?
Legislation requires pests to be excluded from food processing plants and the prevention of food contamination by pests.
Effective measures should be taken to maintain hygiene such as
- Identify pests
- Implement pest control procedures
- Monitor to ensure effectiveness
- Review control procedures
Why choose Sydneys Best Pest Control?
We understand the need for discreet and fast responses, Sydneys Best Pest Control offer effective treatment programs tailored to your needs.
Designed programs offer Economical treatments that:
- Minimise health issues
- Limit disruption to staff and clients
- Sydneys Best Pest Control have trained and experienced technicians who work discreetly.
- Out of hours visits are available if required, at a time to suit you.
Health & Safety documentation as required, including:
- Risk assessments
- MSDS Data sheets
- Log books
- Contact details
- Locked bait boxes ensuring safety.
- Dedicated staff to answer any queries you may have.
- No automated service, No call centre, just a friendly voice at the end of the phone.