- Up to 9mm in size
- Cream to pale brown
- May have darker markings on their legs and abdomen.
- Reach reproduction age in one year.
- The male lives for one year, and dies after mating
- Female lives for 3 years
- The female carries the eggs between the jaws
- Eggs take 2-30 weeks to hatch
- The mother carries the spiderlings in between her jaw
- The spiderlings molt numerous times before they reach adulthood
- Found in most urban areas especially houses
- Their webs are thin, tangled and tend to be in sheltered positions
- Other areas include behind and under furniture, behind doors, in the corners of ceilings, sheds, garages and under decks
- If disturbed the spider responds by setting up a fast spinning motion
- It was once thought that Daddy Long Legs could not bite, however it has been recently discovered that the small fangs can in fact pierce the skin.
- The stinging sensation lasts only a few minutes
- Their bites are not fatal
Contact Us For Free Advice & Quotes
WHY CHOOSE US?
SYDNEY PEST CONTROL
Sydney’s Best Pest Control technicians are professional and trained in the best techniques when it comes to pest removal and prevention. Most importantly, we take a personal interest in our clients.
All Sydney’s Best Pest Control personnel stand behind our mission statement; it guides their job performance just as it guides company policy. They personally ensure our clients of their best service, just as our company provides them with the best technology.
Our company is a family-owned and operated business that has been serving the Sydney suburbs for many years and will continue to be here when you need us.